So let’s get started. You will need:
- 1 part Shea Butter (Cocoa butter works well too)
- 1 part Coconut Oil
- 1 part Cosmetic-grade Beeswax
- Lavender Oil
- Vitamin E Capsule (optional)
- Silicone Mold (ice cube tray)
- Mason Jar
- PotNOTE: I would suggest trying this formula on a very small amount first- maybe one or two bars. See if you like the final result and then tailor the larger batch to the way you’d prefer. For instance, I know some people prefer a less oily solution. If that’s you, you can put slightly less coconut oil in the mixture. But you won’t know that until you make one. So try it on a small batch first, and then tweak it to your liking for the larger batch.
This may take a little bit of trial and error, but that’s the great thing about crafting! Here at Spark & Chemistry, we’re all about learning from our DIY mistakes.
After all of the mixture is poured into your ice cube tray, in a matter of minutes, you’ll see it begin to harden. Just because it looks ready to pop out and use, doesn’t mean it is. You’ll notice that though the surface looks hardened, the bottom of the tray feels warm- not done. To speed up the process, stick it in the fridge for 5-10 extra minutes. Once you pull it out of the fridge, you can pop them out! Not to shabby, right?