- Plain phone cases
– These can be found at stores like Five Below or Dollar Tree. If you’re looking for bulk to use as gifts, try Amazon).
- Metallic Chalkboard Markers
– I prefer the metallic chalkboard markers by American Crafts brand which can be found at Target, Staples or Wal-Mart. These markers are acid free and permanent with a rich opaque ink. They come in all kinds of colors so you can have fun experimenting with different design ideas.
- Craft Sealer or Finish (optional)
– Sealers will keep the design you create with your markers from scratching or washing off. You can opt for a clear acrylic spray or use Mod-Podge matte sealer which can be painted on using a smooth brush.
I practiced drawing the same design several times before I felt comfortable enough drawing on the case. Practice in pencil first to come up with a nice composition and then once you’ve got your design, draw it again and again with your marker.
If you mess up on the case, don’t panic. You can always take the easy option and Make Your Own Phone Case on a website like getcustomphonecase.com instead! I understand that making a phone case can be a bit of a hassle so ordering one online might be a better idea for some of you. If you do make an error though, figure out a way to incorporate your little mistake into your design. If that doesn’t work, depending on the texture of your case, you may be able to scratch or wipe off your mistake. Just be gentle and careful when trying to do so.